Free School Meals
DfE Free School Meals Summer Scheme: Please see the documents attached for further information on the Free School Meals scheme being rolled out this Summer by the Department for Education. For further clarification on this scheme, please do not hesitate to contact the school office. Please ensure your email address is up to date and your inbox is regularly checked for such information.
If you think your child is eligible for FSM and are yet to apply, please complete the attached form and return this to the school office.
If you are entitled to a free school meal please do claim for it even if you do not wish your child to eat it! This helps the school and also means that school trips for your child will be at a reduced cost.
Do I qualify for free school meals?
You may qualify if you are a parent, guardian or carer and receive one of the following:
- Income Support (IS) or you are a pupil receiving the benefit in your own right
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999; or
- Child Tax Credit (but not Working Tax Credit ) and have an annual income (as assessed byHer Majesty’s Revenue and Customs ) that does not exceed £16,190.
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
If you wish to apply for free school meals for your child, please call the
Free School Meals Office on 0300 123 7039 with your national insurance number and they will instantly be able to confirm your eligibility.
Opening hours: 08:00 – 18:00 Mon-Fri
We are unable to backdate the meals you have previously taken.
Key Stage 1 - Pupils that are currently in FS2, Year 1 and Year 2 will automatically receive a Free Universal School Meal, so this means they can choose a hot meal of which 2 choices are available every day.
In special circumstances a sandwich can be provided from the school kitchen.