Vision and values
Here at The Arches, we believe in respecting each other and learning together whilst being passionate about our learning experience, believing in achieving and daring to dream about doing so alongside our purple family.
We aim to:
- Ensure equality of opportunity enabling everyone to make the most of their abilities and to develop and widen their individual interests and talents.
- Provide quality learning and teaching through a rich and stimulating curriculum that is ever developing and imrpoving whilst meeting the needs of all attending children.
- Provide a sensitive and caring environment, which promotes respect and consideration towards others.
- Encourage and celebrate achievement, promoting high expectations and developing self-esteem and confidence.
- Foster a love of and interest in learning and knowledge, enjoying this as we go.
Alongside our ethos and our developing curriculum, we teach and promote core values alongside these. Examples of such values are resilience, empathy, respect, kindness and much more! Over time, we will be continuing to seek to include these values throughout the curriculum as this develops and continues to do so.
Pupils at The Arches Community Primary School are entitled to an education that offers them the perfect opportunity to attain their full potential. Teachers strive to create the conditions for this to happen, whilst support staff, governors, parents and the Local Authority all assist in the process. Every individual has the entitlement to a sound education appropriate to their needs, regardless of race, gender, ethnic origin, social class, religion, disability or special needs without being obstructed by others.
We seek to;
- provide a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum for all.
- ensure a safe, caring, happy and welcoming environment.
- promote self esteem through celebration of individual success.
- encourage a healthy life style.
- promote excellent partnerships with the local community.
- encourage high standards of behaviour and respect, for the school and its community.
We enjoy promoting the following principles;
- We build self-esteem of all individuals by recognising effort, talents and abilities. If it works, we do more of it - if it doesn't work, we do something different.
- We promote positive attitudes by making people feel valued. People have the necessary resources to make changes.
- We treat everybody in the school with respect. The problem is the problem, not the person.
- We provide a safe and happy environment. Adults and children co-operate together to enhance change.